I have been given a wonderful award from lawyer-turned-stay-at-home-mom Chrissy over at The Outlaw Mom. The Versatile Blogger award! I’m so honored she thought of me to include in her list of fun bloggers and great writers! Many, many heartfelt thanks to her!
I like reading The Outlaw Mom for her yummy food ideas, great project ideas for toddlers, fun style ideas and generally just her down-to-earth take on motherhood. Once in a while, I have the pleasure of stumbling upon a blogger who’s such a pleasure to read, because we’re so similar. Chrissy is one of those bloggers.
It’s also always a surprise to find out that people out there are actually reading (and enjoying) Very Bloggy. It amazes me. And I still get those fun butterflies in my tummy every time I have a new comment (even though most of the time it’s family) (thanks mom!).
So, the idea with this award is to pay it forward to 15 fellow bloggers that I have recently discovered or that are old favorites, and give them some much deserved special recognition. Here goes:
[If you’re one of my 15 and you want to participate, here are the rules: 1) link back to the person awarding you, with thanks; 2) pay it forward to 15 newly discovered bloggers; and 3) list 7 random things about yourself.]
1. Blue Jean Amy — I’ve been following BJA for a while now, she’s a great writer, a fun gal and a wonderful mommy.
2. The Bra Factory — The story of Nikki and her (expanding) brood. Always a fun and charming read. I actually discovered her through BJA.
3. Grumble Girl — Tracey is so great, and she always makes me laugh (even when I really don’t wanna). Fantastic blog from a wonderful mama.
4. Mama Mash — Hilarious and fun, always a great read.
5. Culdesacked — A poignant look at suburban American life. Sometimes funny, sometimes touching, always raw and honest.
6. Two Adults, One Brown Baby — She’s always got me cracking up reading her posts. A fun and sweet blog.
7. Karyn Gallagher — Super fun-to-read blog about Karyn’s life as a mom and woman.
8. Mommy-Schmommy — A fun, entertaining, honest look at motherhood.
9. White Sugar, Brown Sugar — Sweet, smart, adoptive mama with some really lovely posts.
10. Kelly Tirman — Great, fun lady I have met IRL. Raising a multilingual brood. Her blog is stylish and lovely with timely posts on all kinds of fun stuff.
11. Navigating the Mothership — Love her writing style, love her take on “the mothership”.
12. Sweet Stella’s — A fun gal, a super mompreneur and great blogger.
13. Meghan GWine — I knew her when she was “AMomTwoBoys”. Good reads on motherhood, parenting and life.
14. Diaper Dads — A fun dad blogger and overall good guy, on a mission to help dads find mens rooms with changing tables.
15. Late Mommy’s Blog — She sweet and funny, and a Chicago sports fan to boot.
Fifteen slots is just not enough! I hope no one feels forgotten or left out. If you’re not on this list, that in no way means I don’t enjoy your blog. Also, I know I use “great” and “funny” and “sweet” a lot, but I don’t want it to seem like I’m not genuinely in love with those folks. It’s just tough to find 15 different ways to say “they’re awesome.” Haha.
And now…drumroll please…my 7 Random Things About Me:
1. I love old Barbra Streisand movies.
2. I could eat pizza for every meal for the rest of my life and be perfectly content.
3. My son is not actually named after David Bowie, but we love the association.
4. I worked at an amusement park in college. I ran some roller coasters, the train, some little kid rides and, yes, the Tilt-a-Whirl.
5. My three favorite hobbies are crafting, gardening and cooking.
6. I LOVE living in San Francisco. I hope I never have to live anywhere else. Ever.
7. I’m a hippie, straight up.
Thanks again to The Outlaw Mom, and I hope all 15 of my picks can participate!