What I am thankful for this year:
1. Our health. I mean, fall/winter with little kids around, especially little kids who go to preschool, can be pretty wretched. But, look at us, almost December and no major illnesses to report! Of course, the second I publish that sentence, we’ll all fall ill with the plague.
2. Baby Ferris. Of course. My little guy. My second baby that I’d wanted for so long. He’s here! And he’s amazing. And so are Bowie and Brien, don’t get me wrong! But, this guy.
3. Not being pregnant. I mean, I’m glad I was pregnant (see #2) but holy hell am I glad to not be anymore. It was a long one.
4. My incredible weight loss. I feel so great, you guys. I feel healthy, vibrant, happy and confident.
5. Hulu. How on earth did our mothers ever watch a damn thing on TV with no Hulu and no DVRs? I mean, there were VCRs, but it was such a pain to set, I think it was reserved for those very special programs. Sounds shallow, but I’m indebted to Hulu for the rest of my life. How else would the mom of small kids be able to watch a sitcom in 2 minute chunks of time scattered over 3 days?
6. Caffeine. For propping me up for the past 8 weeks. God bless ya.
7. Living in an area that’s not overly natural disaster-prone. No tornadoes, no hurricanes, no super storms, no snow storms. Yes, we could have a major earthquake any second, and maybe a tsunami, but it’s not like there’s an “earthquake season” we have to endure year after year. I don’t know how people do it.
8. The Honest Co. Their amazing diaper delivery service has made it so we always have great diapers at our fingertips. I haven’t even thought about it once. One less thing for this frazzled mind to remember. (By the way, if you decide to check them out and sign up, use this link and I get a little bonus! K, thanks.)
Most of all, I’m happy to be in such a better place than I was last year. I’m so grateful for everyone and everything that led to this. This happiness, this serenity, this peace.
I wish all my family and friends and loved ones everywhere in the world the best of Thanksgivings this year.